Thursday, May 17, 2012

A Little Bit of Eeeeee!

Have you ever had one of those moments on your blog when you are totally somewhere else on the web and you see one of your photos tagged linking back to your blog?


 After two years of blogging I had my first accidental discovery of that today. I was reading "World of Cross Stitching" and discovered they'd featured one of my cross-stitch smalls on their Pinterest Board under "Amazing non WOXS stitchings". It was very exciting to think someone liked my work, as small as it is. As insignificant as it may seem to others our own work has so much meaning to us and there is love in every stitch that we cross-stitchers make and a story behind the reasons we choose to stitch what we do. This pincushion (from my post on Little Finishes) has been in our family for many years now. It belonged to my father who was a tailor in his younger years back in Austria. Even though he didn't continue in this trade once he came to Australia he has been sewing all his life until recently. All my life I grew up wearing clothes he made. He made suits for himself and my brothers and even made my sons first suit when he was only 6 months old.

Until just six months ago Dad refitted all my skirts because I lost so much weight on my quest to become fit and healthier. So this little pincushion as small as it is, has played a big part in my life and that of my family and so.....


....it was important for me to preserve it from it's deteriorating state of this....

Design: Assisi Pincushion
Family Circle Cross Stitch Magazine
...to this! So that now my children can pass it on and the story that goes with it.

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely story!
    The pincushion is beautiful.

    Congrats for being in Pinterest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Accidental discoveries definitely create the "warm fuzzies". I will have to look for it on Pinterest and repin it!

    I loved hearing about the story behind your super cute pincushion. You did a wonderful job and it will definitely remain a treasured part of your family.

    ReplyDelete