Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Cushion Mania...

So I'm a bit hooked on sewing cushions lately since buying our new sewing machine.

I made those few smaller ones I showed you and now that I've got the hang of it I want to start remaking all our bigger cushions around the house.

I found this lovely cream embossed off cut piece at Spotlight for 99c. I wanted to make two cushions but it was only enough for one so this is my first attempt at a full sized cushion cover. I had just enough material left over to make a memory board for the office/sewing room and so this cushion is now for my sewing chair.

Then I used this cross stitch piece which I've shown you before. It used to be sewed loosely onto an existing cushion cover years ago before our children were born but I took it off to avoid damaging the stitching while they were babies....


.... and so now I've resewed it making it up into a cushion from scratch.

I used some ric rac on the sides.

... and some lovely old buttons from Oma's button collection and sewed it onto a taupe coloured off cut piece of corduroy fabric I also bought from Spotlight for $1.99. Love those off cuts for cushions. Guess who's going back to Spotlight ASAP to find some more!

This is my computer desk chair.

Someone just had to stick his little nose into this photo!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hello

    Your cushion is beautiful! The stitching goes so well with the corduroy.

    Love the photo with the little face in the corner - so sweet.

    Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete